Secret Identity

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Everyone wants to be seen as a hero, as a saint, as an amazing individual with skills and trademarks that set them apart from the crowd.  To perform the impossible and to be rewarded for their humane and courageous acts making them seem anything but human.  To save lives, to inspire, to make their mark, to influence, to make a difference, and in general to be an genuine role model for followers to imitate.  The world is their pallet and they are the artist shaping it into what is said to be good and justice.  I am one of those individuals who wish to do that and I am one of those individuals who accomplish the aforementioned.  I speak, I write, I act, and I perform.  I am a legend...


... there's no wonder why heroes have a secret identity that remains to be untold.  It's the only true evidence that they are human and that they can make mistakes just as much as the next person.  They have troubles, they have hardships, they have problems, and they can't do the impossible as much as they'd like to believe they could.  They don't shine and the good majority of the time it's their "hero" identity that overshadows and overpowers the secret identity.  It's the hero that everyone is desperate to hear about and learn about; it's their famous accomplishments that anyone would want to be part of.  The hero has the perfect costume and outfit to hide the secret identity and as much as the hero is glorified and congratulated, the secret identity remains forgotten... people fall in love with the hero, not the identity.

Most people know me as the Academic Chair of Barkada, the President of Pilipino Graduation, the External Affairs from two years ago, the guy in charge of the Kuya/Ate program, and as one of the "Legends" who has done unbelievable things with many credentials.  But for those who have seen the secret side of me, the side that has cried, the side that has failed, the side that needs help, that side that needs that hand, and the side that makes me human... No number of fans and cheers can ever surpass the amount of love I have and felt for you.

... so for now on, I plan on finding the secret identity in heroes and congratulate them for being human; fall in love with the secret identity, not the hero.


1 comments:

ishnamedkarl. said...

kuya, i LOVE reading your blogs... they never fail to make me think really hard about the content you refer to and they're really well written [:

oh.. and i love both your secret identity AND your hero side :D