Dear Mr. Dentist

Friday, November 07, 2008

All I wanted was my filling filled in because now I can't smile without feeling ugly. I stepped into your office at my exact appointment time which was 9AM and I didn't get seated into the dentist chair until 9:45AM. As I sat there waiting, you told me you'd be right back to check out my teeth... About 45 minutes later sitting on that chair [I fell asleep a couple of times if I may add in] you finally came in to check my teeth.

I said, "Mr. Dentist, all I want is a filling so that I can smile again" while frowning. Unfortunately, all you could say is that I needed to have my teeth cleaned before he can evaluate my filling. So with another addition of $30, I had my teeth cleaned.

I came back to the dentist and said, "Mr. Dentist, all I want is a filling so that I can smile again" while frowning. Unfortunately, all you could say is that I need to have a deep cleaning to get the "deep" tartar out. I did not understand because I thought that my teeth were already white, but I figured if it has to be done, let it be done. Even the receptionist said, "oh wow, you have such white teeth!" I was redirected to the consultation office but I had to wait a long time again. After learning that it would cost $100 more, I refused and went back to the dentist.

So I said again, "Mr. Dentist, all I want is a filling so that I can smile again" while frowning. Unfortunately, all you said was that you recommended that I get lumineers because it would look great on me. I was redirected to the consultation office again after waiting a long time. There I learned that it would have cost thousands of dollars. Besides, why would I want "acrylic nails" on my teeth? So I refused.

So once again I said, "Mr. Denist, all I want is a filling so that I can smile again" while frowning. Unfortunately all you said was that, "I don't have time, please reschedule with my secretary."

So I rescheduled for later on this week for Thursday despite the fact that I have plans on Saturday where I am now going to have an ugly smile.

So I left while frowning, still missing a filling in my teeth from your office which is now 12:00PM. So thus I stayed for 3 hours to get my already clean teeth cleaned.

Dear Mr. Dentist, you are mean. My teeth are still white; you just want the money that I don't have.

I'm still going to smile though despite the missing filling, just thought I'd let you know.

- Your Client: Jared Falcis

3 comments:

kristine said...

HOW FRUSTRATING!! I cant totally relate!! Since we've been married, Ron has been under my insurance (medical and dental) but he kept going to his dentist. When the dentist charged him almost $900 for a crown, I was like "YOU'VED GOT TO BE KIDDING!!" WE HAVE INSURANCE! Ron ate it up though and paid since he did all this without consulting with his wife (tsk tsk!) Anyways! Just this Friday his OTHER Crown fell off, and I was like "HELL NO you're not going to that Dr Shah, you're going to my dentist in Riverside, trust me i'll be worth it!" My dentist office has this philosophy about keeping a patient as comfortable as possible. So it's actually called a Dental Spa, with state of the art equipment, TVs on the ceilings, massage chairs, etc. And get this, They took him as soon as he came in, and Ron Didnt Pay a SINGLE DIME to have his crown fixed with the SAME INSURANCE he's been on all along! So I say, ditch your dentist and find a new one!

kristine said...

How frustrating!! But how funny cause Ron had to go to the dentist the very day you posted this entry for a crown that came off. This happened already in this YEAR during the spring time (I dont know if it's old crowns or poor dental work done by the military). Anyways since we've been married, Ron has been under my medical + dental insurance, but he was still going to this one dentist who in spring, charged him about $900 for the first crown. I was in SHOCK. WE HAVE INSURANCE, WHY ARE YOU PAYING?! He had to eat it up though since he made the mistake of not consulting with the wifey (tsk tsk!!). So this last Friday when it happened again to another crown, I made him go to my dentist in Riverside. He agreed that this was a totally different experience since my dental office has the philosophy of creating a calm environment (they have massage chairs and TVs on the ceiling). Not only that, but they took him in right away, taught him a lesson on dental hygiene (thanks to moi), repaired his crown, and he didnt pay a single dime on the same insurance he's been under all along!! So my advice to you, ditch your dentist!

kristine said...

woops, i think i left you two comments. haha my bad!