Chain of Experience

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.  Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Sometime's it's hard to find the right words to say to someone when they need help; all it takes is some soul searching.  Then again, maybe somebody has already experienced what you have and has discovered the perfect play of words to set the stage for something beautiful.

I've learned that not everybody is fully appreciated for their entire self and often times people are taken for granted.  I've seen it, I've experienced it, I've learned from it, and I've changed from it.  I hope this piece of advice solves the puzzles of your past, present or future.

Basically, you were the potter and I was your clay. You were doing such a great job. We were doing such a great job. But, you had to stash this piece of art in your back room along with the rest of your past. I guess I just wasn't what you wanted or expected. But you know what they say, "one man's junk is another man's treasure." And take note of that word: treasure. Someday, I will find somebody who will value my worth. Somebody that will want me for my love and all I have to give. Somebody that will accept me for who I am. I'll move onto bigger and better things, and you will be the one stuck in that cluttered back room, overwhelmed with your past. With our past. And it'll be too late when you finally realize that you created a masterpiece.

I honestly don't know where this originated from, but I'm borrowing this from my friend's blog where he borrowed it from another's.

It's amazing what one's story can do to others; you see, without physically seeing the writer, you've already made an emotional connection with them.  You don't even know who this person is, but if there's one thing you can guarantee and appreciate is that you know they've helped you.

Here's an old entry of mine actually from my myspace that I've never transferred onto my blogger:

The greatest irony of love is loving the right person at the wrong time, having the wrong person when the time is right & finding out you love someone after that person walks out from your life & sometimes you think you're already over a person but when you see them smile at you, you'll suddenly realize that you're just pretending to be over them just to ease the pain of knowing that they will never be yours again. For some they think that letting go is one way of expressing how much you love the person. Most relationships tend to fail not because the absence of love, love is always present. It's just that one was being loved too much & the other was being loved too little as we all know that the heart is the center of the body but it beats on the left. Maybe that's the reason why the heart is not always right. Most often we fall in love with the person we think we love only to discover that for them, we are just for past times, while the one who truly loves us remains either a friend or a stranger. Here's a piece of advice: Let go when you're hurting too much. Give up when love isn't enough, & move on when things are not like before. There is someone out there who will love you even more, surely then, you will know true love...

Share stories; share love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it :)


- jowee

Danielle Delos Reyes said...

Beautiful and uplifting. [:


I love the 2nd quote. I want to share that now.

kristine said...

jared! along the same lines of the potter and the clay, you are a diamond in the rough my friend!