Nightmares and Dreams

Wednesday, June 24, 2009



Thought they aren't real; they show you what's real.

How's that for a paradox? As much as I enjoy dreaming and escaping the hardships from reality into a world beyond comprehension of the naked eye, it simply foreshadows and contradicts it's point when it ends... wait what? English please.

I've dreamed for hours and most of the time it's difficult to put the pieces together about what exactly had occurred during REM (rapid eye movement). Anyways, I'm sure that we can all relate on saying that most of the time it's a very pleasant and out of this world feeling that somehow made it down to earth. I mean, they're our dreams; we visualize grandeur illusions of the subconscious part of the mind of our inner most wants and desires and during those hours of dreaming and sleeping, it's an alter reality... an alter reality. The worst part of dreaming is waking up.

Hold.the.phone. "But I love dreaming!" I'm not saying that I hate dreaming; but I most definitely hate waking up. Dreams show me exactly what I want, exactly what I don't have. It proves to me, that I am not satisfied with myself nor my ability; that I still don't have what I want and that I'm still not accomplished.

How exactly do I feel after a dream? Dreams only show me that I am incomplete and that there are still many things missing from my life. My dreams prove to me, that I'm only living a nightmare.

Nightmares? Restless nights, uncontrollable heart beats, emotions, tears, and the whole shi-bang? it's not that bad. Amazing things about nightmares, as much as you'd like to say, "I hate nightmares." They show you your fears, your doubts, your disappointments, your hatred, anger, and overall negativity. Like dreams, during REM you're placed in a state of an alter reality that once again: isn't real.

Of course you're hurt when you wake up! Sometimes you see visions of death, that you're family hates you, that you have no friends, or that things aren't going so well for you in your life... on the real, that only happens in the beginning of your awaken state.

After a nightmare, I appreciate life. I appreciate the ones I love, the friends I have, the life I live, and the times I've cherished. I'm glad that I'm alive after a nightmare and that my reality is nothing like what I had just visioned. Out of the fear that a nightmare just might become a reality; I take that extra precaution and extra push for change and growth.

The only time you can say "I'm living the dream" and "my dream has become a reality" is after a nightmare; you realize, life isn't that bad.

Nightmares? Yes please.

Speaking from the true mind of an optimist, there's a positive side to everything; the only determining factor is where you look.

2 comments:

ishnamedkarl. said...

well said kuya [:

ishnamedkarl. said...

well said kuya [: